Job Title: Health and Nutrition Officer
Location: Alexandria, VA
Reports To: Director of Programs
Nascent Solutions is seeking a qualified and committed professional to provide technical support to its health and nutrition programs. The incumbent will support the program design and implementation, and organizational capacity building as well as overall monitoring and evaluation activities.
Specific areas of responsibility include:
- Provide technical input on nutrition/health and hygiene content in proposal development
- Assess learning needs to target beneficiaries including students, teachers, PTA associations, and Village Health Committees, on the use of good health and dietary practices
- Work closely with Nascent field and partner staff to develop user-tailored curricula and training materials
- Identify and train community health workers to support project activities
- Provide support in nutrition activities including screening and growth monitoring and
- Collaborate with the program staff to ensure optimal use of health and hygiene practices
- Support the design sensitization campaigns that promote the use of good hygiene practices
- Train community health workers, and target beneficiaries on the use of good nutrition and health practices
- Create awareness on the importance of good nutrition practices on children and family health
- Promote collaboration with national, regional and local health professional in target countries and other local partners and advocate for policies that promote the use of good nutrition practices
- Follow up on nutrition programs and prepare reports for donors and stakeholders
- Master’s degree in Health and Nutrition, Public Health or related field
- At least five years in Health and Nutrition, MCH
- Experience working with NGO and Health system in developing world
- Exceptional skills in capacity-building and training
- In-depth knowledge of nutrition and MCH issues
- Ability to travel at least 30% of the time
- Excellent oral and written communication skills English and French
- Strong ability to think and plan strategically
- Computer proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, Excel is a prerequisite
About Nascent Solutions
Nascent Solutions is a humanitarian development organization dedicated to building capacity for vulnerable people especially women and youth to live self-fulfilling lives. We realize this goal by working closely with stakeholders, partners and target communities to identify local potential and resources and harness them for development initiatives in our focus areas of literacy and education, maternal and child health care, food security and nutrition, and the protection of the rights of the woman and the child.
Nascent Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, marital status, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, personal appearance, family responsibilities, political affiliation, or enrollment in a college, university, technical school, or adult education.
Interested candidates are advised to send their resume and a cover letter to email@example.com and by latest June 20, 2014.